Turmeric is a SUPERFOOD like no other. It has so many beneficial features and is actually known as one of the most powerful herbs in the world. It’s one of those little known spices, (atleast it was unknown to me), that can have a major impact on your health. Interested? Grab a booch, and read on.
- Reduces fat tissue growth and weight gain
- Helps combat viruses and infections
- Reduces blood sugar
- Reduces inflammation in the liver (and overall anti-inflammatory for your body.)
- Good source of iron
- Natural anti-depressant
- Brain boosting
- Helps manage arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory benefits
- Helps manage diabetes with issues relating to insulin resistance
- And my favorite – Turmeric can prevent DNA damage and assist in repairing damaged DNA. That means it can slow down the aging process.
Incorporating Turmeric into your Meals
Now what. Well – lets find some easy ways to add it to your meals.
My favorite Turmeric recipe is Cauliflower Turmeric Rice.
OR of course you can take a shot of it in your KOMBUCHA. #BOOCHEVERDAY
But honestly, there are SO MANY recipes you can choose from. I provided a few of my favorites below.
Turmeric Beauty Mask
Don’t feel like you can stomach the strong taste of turmeric? No worries, you can incorporate it into your beauty routine to get glowing skin. Turmeric masks are good for rejuvenating skin especially when it comes to skin problems such as acne, dark spots, eczema and rosacea.
Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. turmeric, 1 tsp. honey and 2 tsp. yogurt
Directions: Mix it together and leave it on for about 7 minutes or so before washing it off with warm water.
*If your skin is super sensitive, I would recommend doing a patch test first!*
Personally, I find it so interesting that a spice like Turmeric can have so many health benefits. If just a couple of teaspoons of turmeric daily can help the anti aging process or help with a bad case of chin acne – why not give it a go, right? I hope this post was informative and shed a little light on the benefits of Turmeric. Let me know what you think and if you want more posts like this!
Sip, sip and booch on!