Currently, I have our spare guest room turned into my “yoga” room and I could not be more obsessed with it. It is actually a rather desolate room with the few treasured items that I have meticulously placed inside – but I love it. Let me break down for you and explain why I am loving it so much. Grab a booch and read on.
- Etre Bien White Sage Smudge Stick: Atleast once a month, I smudge my home to get rid of all the negative and stagnant energy that may be lingering. It is a good idea especially after the holidays when there is a lot of people in your home. It is also a good idea to use it before meditating or after a stressful day. I love the smell of the sage smudge stick by Etre Bien and I LOVE THE VIBES of the room after I use it. If you want to see how exactly I smudge my space, read my blog post about it here.
- Etre Bien Black Tourmaline Smudge Spray: I also keep this spray in my yoga room for a quick fix. The black tourmaline spray is SMOKELESS (huge bonus because my husband does not love the smell of the smudge stick!). It is a refusing, earthy aroma that contains both cleansing and healing properties. It is infused with Black Tourmaline, which for those of you who don’t know, this is a stone of purification and protection – which is the whole point of SMUDGING YOUR SPACE! Specifically, per Etre Bien, “Black Tourmaline helps to purify one’s space from negative energy and disharmony brought to you by others, while also helping to rid yourself.” So whenever I am feeling anxious or full of negative thoughts, I spray myself and my space to ground myself.
- Doterra essential oils & diffuser: I was gifted this diffuser for our house warming party and I absolutely love it. I either use the peppermint or lavender essential oil during my yoga flow. Peppermint essential oil has a calming effect and relaxes your muscles. Similarly, lavender releases stress and anxiety and is also a good essential oil to use during your flow.
- Yoga Dog: This guy is a just a fun asset to the room. Pier 1 has a variety of yoga animals including cats, frogs, and elephants. He reminds me not to take life so seriously.
- Wild & Free Deer Painting: I firmly believe that a deer is my spirit animal so this painting fits in quite nicely. I purchased it a year ago on sale at Pier 1 but there are a few similar ones on amazon. I like keeping it in the yoga room because its funky and reminds me to tap into my young, wild, free, creative mentality that is usually hidden during the day.
- Leopard Yoga Mat: My husband got this funky yoga mat for me many years ago and I just love it. It isn’t a fancy manduka mat but it fits my personality. This might sound crazy but I think you really need to connect to your space and I find that I connect to my mat as it supports me in my flow.
- Blue striped rug: I love this rug as it really fits my space. I use it when I meditate. It adds a little character to the room.
- Himalayan Salt Lamps: I have two Himalayan salt lamps on each side of the yoga room and I light them simultaneously when I do my flows or meditate. They provide enough light so that I don’t need a lamp or other lighting. I also like practice yoga in a slightly dim room so it really provides the perfect amount of light for me. These lamps project negative salt ions released by the heat that are known to improve calmness and sleep, increase levels of serotonin in the brain, and boost blood flow.
Cumulatively, this room is absolutely magical and I love practicing yoga or meditating in it. Do you have a sacred space in your home? I want to hear from you!