Last month, I chatted about how keeping your lymphatic drainage in check by using a jade roller or ice roller (or treating yourself with a lymphatic massage!) while traveling is very beneficial. By engaging your lymphatic system, you are able to decrease bloating in your face, detox the body, improve circulation, decrease wrinkles, and more! Well, I am back again to chat about DRY BRUSHING which also keeps your lymphatic drainage in check.
DRY BRUSHING: The act of brushing the skin in a particular pattern utilizing a dry brush. Benefits include boosting circulation, brushing away dead skin cells, stimulating lymph nodes, boosting digestion, and IMPROVING APPEARANCE OF CELLULITE. (per GOOP) It is also good for exfoliation, cleaning pores, helps body get rid of toxins and surprisingly has a natural energy boost. (per WellnessMama).
How do you do it?
- Find yourself a dry brush, I found mine on amazon.
- Oil is optional. I love using Tanna Wellness beauty Oil.
- The key to dry brushing is gentle brush, soft pressure and ALWAYS brush towards center of the body. Brush each section about 10 times.
- Start at the bottom of your body, e.g. feet, and brush toward your heart.
- When you reach the stomache, use a clockwise motion.
- Once you reach the arms, continue in an upward motion.
WHAT IS THE BEST DRY BRUSH AND OIL TO USE? You don’t want to harshly exfoliate the skin so make sure the bristles on the dry brush you choose are gentle. I use this dry brush from Amazon. OR Primally Pure (the fabulous company I featured earlier this week) has a spa kit that includes the dry brush and a body oil. I also use Tanna Wellness beauty oil which I previously mentioned.
HOW LONG SHOULD IT TAKE TO DRY BRUSH? Doing this 3-5 minutes a day reduces the appearance of cellulite (per GOOP) along with its other benefits.
WHEN TO DO? If you are using an oil, shower before you dry brush your skin. If you are not using an oil. shower AFTER you dry brush your skin, and then apply oil or lotion.
Are you going to try it out? Let me know in the comments below!
First Photo by: Tanna Wellness
Second Photo by: Em Noble
Third Photo by: Primally Pure