Who doesn’t LOVE a good summer read? Toes in the sand, kombucha in your hand and a health and wellness book in your lap. I have 5 awesome health and wellness books that you guys should check out this summer.
- Porridge: Oats + Seeds + Grains + Rice by Anni Kravi: Have you seen all these superfood bowls that look too perfect to actually eat? This book has a how-to breakdown for everything from raspberry ice cream to a beet and ginger bowl. Best part is Kravi writes the “porridge rule book creating sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan superbowl food that will transform the way you eat.” Find it here.
- SOUL ON FIRE YOGA E-BOOK by Jordan Younger: I LOVE the The Balance Blonde brand, especially her podcast. Well, this past spring she came out with a yoga book and it is EVERYTHING. It is perfect for beginners and even those yogi’s who want to perfect and continue to grow. It demonstrates 80 basic yoga poses with a breakdown of alignment points, benefits, and original how-to PHOTOS, yoga sequences to practice at home AND all about yoga philosophy. Find it here.
- Head Strong by Dave Asprey: Apsrey is the creator of my favorite bulletproof coffee. He discusses the science behind how to biohack your way to a sharper, smarter, faster, more resilient brain. Legit, his coffee is life changing JUST LIKE THIS BOOK. It worth the read! Find it here.
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz: Be impeccable with your word; Don’t take anything personally; Don’t make assumptions; Always do your best. This is a timeless book based on Toltec wisdom that walks you through the powerful code of conduct “that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness and love.” This non-denominational book is an epic read that I highly recommend to everyone. Find it here.
- One Part Plant by Jessica Murname: This book also just recently his the shelves and is already endorsed by celebrities like Lena Dunham who claim it has changed her life. Jessica challenges take just one of your meals each day and make it plant based. TOTALLY DOABLE RIGHT? No crazy diet. Just 100 recipes aimed at healing your body. A great beach read (just make sure to bring some plant based snacks to the beach, you might get hungry flipping through these pages!) Find it here.
I am ALWAYS looking for more book recommendations. What else should I add to my reading list this summer? xx Erica